Welcome to the Norfolk Gazelles
We are a friendly road running club based in Norwich, Norfolk. We welcome all standards and ages.
We meet on Monday evenings at 6.15 for 6.30pm at City Academy School on Bluebell Road. Come along and have a run with us!
If you decide to join us, you'll find the details on membership here.
BUXTON FUN RUN 2017
Club news and announcements
Supervet Nigel Arnold turned 60 at the weekend, and celebrated by winning the M60 age category at the national sprint duathlon champions at Oulton Park. Fabulous achievement, Nigel!
We now have a new venue for Thursday nights training, the Fitness Space on Intwood Road, Cringleford: https://www.thefitnessspace.com/norwich/. We have been offered the use of the Fitness Space as a meeting point, plus a place to cool down and stretch post run. There are also shower facilities, lockers and plenty of car parking. It is also only 1/4 of a mile from Waitrose ( 2 miles from Tesco! ) so you'll still be able to do your shopping as well!
We'll still be meeting at the usual time (6:30pm) and we'll still have the usual great sessions (efforts or steady run on alternate weeks) with the usual great people organised by the usually great Les.
The latest edition of the Gazelles newsletter is now available for your reading pleasure, downloadable from here.
As ever, our star photographer Ian Edwards has done us proud with a wonderful set of photos following the Gazelles through the day and night of the Round Norfolk Relay. You can see them here.
Nigel Bullen has put together a useful guide to how the London Marathon club places ballot works, for those who are interested. Download it from here.
A date for your diaries - the club's Annual General Meeting will be on December 4 this year. More information to follow.
- Park Run dates and locations 2017
New autumn 'running festival' in Bury St EdmundsThere's a new multi-event running festival, "St Ed's", taking place on 29 October in Bury St Edmunds, which may be of interest to Gazelles. There are marathon, half marathon, 10K and fun run options. Details here.
Run/walk groups for new membersIf any members are happy to run / walk with new members on a Monday evening please let Carol or Sam know.
- 15 October - Great Yarmouth East Coast 10K
- 8 October - Peterborough Half Marathon
- 24 September - Jolly Jags 10K
- 10 September - Lowestoft Scores
- 3 September - Wissey Half Marathon
- 27 August - Reepham Summer 10K
- 20 August - Dereham Town 5K
- 13 August - Great Yarmouth Half Marathon
- 6 August - Run Norwich 10K
- 28 July - Worstead 5 Miler
- 9 July - Thetford Forest 10K
- 8 July - Lord Mayor's 5K
- 5 July - Wroxham 5K, Race 3
- 2 July - Humpty Dumpty
- 14 June - Wroxham 5K Series, Race 2
- 8 October - Uniqlo 10K
- 1 October - Five Have a Wonderful Time in...Lowestoft
- 30 September - Whitby Parkrun, Canada
- 24 September - Elvis runs Nottingham
- 16 September - Round Norfolk Relay
- 1 May - Breckland 10km
- 30 April - GEAR 10k
- 26 April - GYRR 5m series, race 1
- 23 April - London Marathon
- 9 April - Paris Marathon
- 9 April - Brighton Marathon
- 9 April - Norwich Half Marathon
- 26 March - Wymondham 20
- 5 March - Cambridge Half Marathon
- 26 February - Tarpley 10/20
More race news on the Club News page